Mostar and Medjugorje group tour from Split
Start 7:30 am
Duration full day excursion
Tue • Thu • Sat 1st May – 30th Sep
Tue • Sat 15th Apr – 30th Apr / 1st Oct – 15th Oct
From 67€ (500 HRK) • Per group
● Transfer to and From
● transportation with a comfortable and air-conditioned vehicle
● English speaking guide/driver
● Licensed local guide
● All taxes and VAT
Highlights for Mostar and Medjugorje group tour from Split
- Old Bridge – The most famous landmark of Mostar and first monument in Bosnia and Herzegovina listed on UNESCO’s World heritage list. It’s a tradition to watch in fascination as local talented men dive from the 24 meter high bridge into the cold river Neretva;
- Koski Mehmed Pasha Mosque – If you are a fan of beautiful sights, climb up the narrow and winding staircase of it’s Minaret for the gorgeous view of the old town and old bridhe;
- Počitelj – a unique medieval Ottoman style village, situated on an amphitheatre like hill that dominates the riverbed of the Neretva river;
- Medjugorje – pilgrimage site famous for aparition of Virgin Mary in 1981;
- Kravice waterfalls – after a long and hot day enjoy swimming by this oasis in stone.
07:30* Starting point from Split
09:30 – 10:00 Visiting Pocitelj
10:30 – 11:30 Mostar sightseeing with local guide
11:30 – 14:00 Free time for lunch and free time to explore on your own
14:45 – 16:45 Visiting Medjugorje or Kravice
19:00 Arrival back home to Split
*Voucher and passport check in Split: 7:20
Possibly the itinerary may be adjusted due to the traffic or bad weather conditions.
Free time can potentially be shorter in Medjugorje or Kravice depending how much time is spent travelling and passing through the border.
After picking you up at the pre-arranged meeting point or at your hotel, we’ll begin our journey to Bosnia and Herzegovina. On our way to ancient Ottoman city of Mostar we will stop in the walled town of Pocitelj, UNESCO World Heritage site, a place that will intrigue you even more to discover the history of the Otoman city of Mostar. In Mostar our local city guide introduces you to the great history of this city known as “the window to the Orient”. We’ll visit the Old Bazaar, full of picturesque shops and craft workshops, and the Mosque. Afterwards, we’ll enjoy a walk along the famous Unesco – protected Old bridge from the 16th C. You’ll have plenty of free time for shopping and the opportunity to taste some authentic Bosnian specialties like cevapi, pita or burek. Then it’s off to experience the beauty of Bosnia and Herzegovina on our way to our final destination, one of the most-visited pilgrimage centers in all of Europe – Medjugorje. For believers and those who are looking for spiritual renewal, the most compelling site here is the Mount of Appearance where Virgin Mary is reported to have appeared to children in 1981 for the first time. Our tour guide will help you understand and appreciate why this place of peace and compassion has become such a world-wide destination for pilgrims. As an option, you may also enjoy some wonderful swimming in the nearby Kravice waterfalls. After this beautiful experience we return back to Split.
Price list and schedule
Price per person:
Adults 67 €
Children 0-12 years old 40 €
Included in price : Pick Up and Drop Off, transport with comfortable passenger van or mini bus, official English speaking local tour guide (other languages on request), road tolls and parking, all taxes and VAT.
15th Apr to 30th Apr/ 1st Oct to 15th Oct Tuesday and Saturday
1th May to 30th Sep Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
Passengers are recommended to bring comfortable items such as proper walking shoes or sandals, daily-casual outfit, a jacket/sweater for the daytime or evening (subject to the season and weather forecast), proper clothing for visit Medjugorje pilgrimage site and most definitely a camera to capture amazing photos.
Note: Due to the border crossing with Bosnia and Herzegovina, passport is a must!
Please be advised that you are solely responsible for having valid documents during the tour. Requirements for travel visas vary widely depending on your nationality and your destination.
Check other tours