Ultra music festivals tips
Tips to enjoy the Ultra music festival in Split
As many of you already know, the pandemic that has been Plaguing the world has made travel rather difficult. Many events and gatherings having to be shut down as Coronavirus runs rampant throughout the entire world.
Unfortunately Ultra Music Festival 2020 that was scheduled to be held 10th, 11th and 12th of July has had to be cancelled and rescheduled for next year. The Music Festival of Ultra will be held 09.07.-11.07.2021., we’ll keep you updated for any changes that might happen.
For those of you that are familiar with it, Ultra Music festival is one of the largest festivals in Europe, let alone Split. The exciting beat of the music proving to be quite an energy boost to many as they flail their arms around like a madman, but maybe that’s just me.
Ultra Europe has started today, but that doesn’t mean I can’t at least write a sensible guide about the things NOT to do whilst having a grand ol’ time enjoying the up-beat music. After all, a helpful guide never hurt anyone, just try reading through it for me.
Who’s going to be lighting the stage?
Those of you that worry about the performers that will get up onto stage to entertain all of you will certainly bring a smile onto your face. The performers being world renowned and quite popular, going in alphabetical order:
- Armin Van Buuren
- David Guetta
- Dj Snake
- Pendulum Trinity
- Richie Hawtin
- Steve Aoki
Some things to look out for:
- Of course once you hear the familiar tune of the bass dropping anyone would be tempted to keep on dancing. But be careful that you don’t overexert yourself.
- Pay attention to your personal belongings, pickpockets are sure to be on the festival as well.
- If you’re trying to impress someone by chugging a drink or two, don’t. We both know that you’re just gonna end up getting drunk faster….unless that was your goal all along.
- A follow up tip, try not to get TOO drunk. The boundary should be that you can drunkenly order an Uber to take you back to your place.
- A second follow up tip, if you want to save money, you can always try to get drunk before entering the festival as the prices for drinks and snacks are 3x more expensive than store bought.
- There’s 3 nights of Ultra going on so try to explore the city of Split as well; it can prove to be quite relaxing.
Other things you should know
Split is a relatively small town, the city being popular for several years now due to the Ultra Music Festival, but it grew in popularity thanks to the famous TV show “Game of Thrones”. The old city being a filming location for several shots, the most notable ones being where Daenerys Targaryan kept her dragons, where the Unsullied lived.
The city being a great place to explore in a leisurely pace, offering quite a relaxing substitute to the all night partying that the festival Ultra brings.
Check other tours here